A DOSE OF ENCOURAGEMENT FROM MY HEART TO YOURS
Honestly speaking, the journey of the Christian is not all fun and games. Sometimes you will just want to put your head under a pillow and cry your heart out, and other times you will wonder whether God has given you a blackout!
I have recently gone through a challenging period, and during this time, God spoke to me in his own way, at his own pace. It has not been an easy ride, but I have learned that God is always close by, even when I don’t feel His presence.
Below are a few verses that have gotten me through this tough period. I hope and pray that these words will encourage you in your journey.
- Are you facing a situation that seems too big for you to handle? A giant-sized problem, perhaps?
Psalm 118:6-7 “The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the LORD is for me, he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me.” (NLT)
- If you are going through a period of darkness where you cannot see any light ahead, this verse will encourage you.
Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation – so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” (NLT)
Jesus is your light in the darkness, and he will protect you, just as a fortress protects one against the enemy!
- Perhaps you are too scared to sleep at night, and you fear what the night has in store for you?
Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.” (NIV)
- Do you feel like God is far, far away, and that he cannot hear your cries? Do you know that if you keep on looking for him, you will find him in all his fullness?
Jeremiah 29:13 “If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” (NLT)
Keep on looking for him; he is right there waiting for you to find him.
- Discouraged? Weak? We have all been there, right? The point where your heart is tired, and you don’t have the strength to trust – is the point where God steps in.
Psalm 73:26 “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” (NLT)
- Sometimes I feel confused, and I wonder who around me has the right answer. During such periods, it is difficult to hear God’s voice, isn’t it?
2 Samuel 22:31 “God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”(NLT)
Focusing on HIS promises always sets me back on track, and points me in the right direction. After all, these promises come from our faithful God!
- Help! Help! Where do I get help when I need it so desperately?
Psalm 121:1-2 “I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (NIV)
My help comes from the LORD, the one who made heaven and earth!!! How encouraging!
I hope that the verses I have shared above will encourage you not to lose faith in God even in the hard times. I pray that when you finally get out of the rough patch (and you will), these words from Psalms will be on your lips.
Psalms 13:5-6 “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.” (NIV)